Friday, March 12, 2021

Deep Nostalgia: Gertrude Inez (Vandervort) Kenyon, 1872-1910

 



How I wish I had a chance to meet so many of my ancestors.  To ask them questions about their lives, listen to their voices, see what they really looked like outside of a photograph. 

One of those is my Great-grandmother, Gertrude (Vandervort) Kenyon.  Gertrude was born in Monroe County, Wisconsin in 1872, married at age 16 to my great-grandfather, Louis Kenyon.  They had one son born a year after they were married in 1889, my grandfather, Charles Kenyon.  Gertrude died quite young at age 38 of an asthma attack.

Long before the time I knew of Gertrude, there was no one left living in the family who had met her in person and we have very few photos taken of her during her lifetime.

MyHeritage has developed a new technology called "Deep Nostalgia" which animates a still photograph.  Although a new process, it gives us an opportunity that we've never had before.  I used one of the few photographs that we have of Gertrude and Deep Nostalgia gave me a glimpse into what she may have looked like.  My heart really is overflowing.




© Karla Von Fumetti Staudt

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored on a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means – electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise – without prior permission of the copyright owner and publisher.

7 comments:

  1. OH wow on the animation! I also wonder what you wonder and have actually formed some opinions about some of my relatives basked on what I know or don't know about them. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! This is amazing! Thank you Karla!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill von Fumetti HenrichMarch 13, 2021 at 8:26 PM

    Way cool!
    I have been so intrigued w/this AI technology online w/famous paintings, ancient civilizations' (i.e. Greek & Roman) statues/sculptures, infamous people in old photos...
    But this is so much more meaningful!! ❤
    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Look at that Kenyon (& now von Fumetti) nose! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, that seems to have been passed on though we missed out on the blue eyes that she, and Grandpa, had.

      Delete

I welcome your comments and thoughts on Pieces of the Past.

Keziah (Gould) Purdy, 1823-1845

Once upon a time, about 1840, There was a young girl named Keziah, Who fell in love with a young man named Daniel. They got married. Within ...