Sunday, March 7, 2021

Memories



"...but those memories I have will be gone all too soon,
leaving this world at the same time I do...
just as the memories of my grandfathers and great-grandmothers left with them, 
and unless they are given and passed on,
it is as if those things had never been..."


From the moment I first read these lines, they haunted me. Reached out to me. Clung tightly to my heart. And there, they have nestled in, encouraging me over many years to explore my families' history.

This is simply a venue for me to share their stories and my own.  I invite you to join me by subscribing to my blog in the upper right corner.

Welcome to Pieces of the Past.



© Karla Von Fumetti Staudt


All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored on a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means – electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise – without prior permission of the copyright owner and publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and thoughts on Pieces of the Past.

Keziah (Gould) Purdy, 1823-1845

Once upon a time, about 1840, There was a young girl named Keziah, Who fell in love with a young man named Daniel. They got married. Within ...